March 26, 2020
Dear Pilgrim Church Family,
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) UPDATE:
Considering Governor Tim Walz’s Stay at Home Executive Order and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) there will NOT be in-person Sunday Morning Worship until April 12, 2020 or until further notice. Please refer to the link for the full text of the Governor’s Executive Order. https://www.leg.state.mn.us/archive/execorders/20-20.pdf
Therefore, the church is closed for ALL public worship services including funerals, weddings, Bible Study, Sunday School, Board / Ministry/ Committee Meetings, Music and Fine Art rehearsals and all community meetings etc. until further notice.
In the meantime, let me encourage you to do the following:
A. Remember your Pastor, brother and sisters in Christ, and all humanity as we struggle
B. Please use “Holy Bible” App, it’s free, to remain engaged in your daily bible reading plan of your choice. Or continue in your “Daily Bread Daily Devotional Reading”.
D. Let us be faithful in our stewardship through electronic giving (see instructions below)
1. By Check – you can mail a check to:
Pilgrim Baptist Church
732 Central Ave. W.
Saint Paul, MN 55104
2. Church envelope – by placing your Church envelope in a mailing envelope and dropping it into the drop box at the Grotto side door.
3. PBC website – https://www.pilgrimbaptistchurch.org/give/ Go to the DONATE NOW button and complete the requested information. You will need to complete the payment method information and submit.
4. Text Giving – Text the word GIVE to (651) 243-9270. If it’s your first time, you’ll be prompted to click a link directing you to the online giving page to complete a one-time registration. Click “SIGN IN” then click “REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT” at the bottom of the page. Complete contact information then click “REGISTER.” Enter the secure PIN that the system texts you. Select the fund, enter the donation amount and payment information before completing your gift. Click “SAVE PAYENT” to keep your payment information securely saved for future gifts. To text a donation after the one-time registration, you can give immediately without having to re-enter any of your information. Simply text the desired amount and the fud keyword to the text giving number. Example, 250 tithe for $250.00 to the Tithe fund. Other TEXT Commands:
EDIT – Make changes to your giving account and update contact information and / or update payment information.
REFUND – Refund your last gift. You must text “REFUND” within 15 minutes to refund the gift. If you realized the mistake after 15 minutes, contact the church or organization you are giving to for a refund.
KEYWORD – See a list of active keywords. Keywords are the fund names that the church has set up.
5. Shelby Next Giving App – The APP is free to use and retains a history of your giving by month. Go to APP store on you iPhone or Google Play on your Android Phone. Search for ShelbyNEXT I Giving (Finance). Download and Open the App. In the Find Your organization to Get Started screen, type Pilgrim Baptist Church or Click on Find organizations near me. If this is your first time using the app, click create and account and follow the prompts. When asked, type your email and password to sign in. When requested, specify the amount of contribution, method of payment, which fund is to receive the donation and the frequency of the contribution (One-time or recurring). Fill in all requested information and follow the prompts.
In closing, stay healthy, stay prayerful and be courageous because Pilgrim is the church where the walk of faith transforms lives. God’s best to you always.
Charles L. Gill
The Reverend Charles L. Gill, D.Min
10 Conditions of Answered Prayer
1. Have faith in God
Romans 4:17; Hebrews 11:3; Galatians 5:22-23
2. Pray: say in no uncertain terms what you want
Mark 11:23-24; Matthew 17:20; 21:21-22; John 15:7
3. Have unlimited faith without qualifying and limiting God’s will as what you want
Mark 11:23-24; Matthew 17:20; 21:21-22; Mark 9:23; John 15:7,16
4. Refuse to doubt in your heart
Mark 11:23; Matthew 17:20; James 1:5-8
5. Believe that whatever is asked will be given
Mark 11:23-24; Matthew 7:7-11; 17-20; 21:21-22; Hebrews 11:6
6. Believe that whatever is asked is already granted
Mark 11:24; Matthew 17:20; 1 John 5:4-15
7. Be authoritative and command to come to pass what is asked
Mark 11:23-24; Matthew 17:20; Mark 9:23
8. Believe that what you want is God’s will
Mark 11:24; John 15:7; Matthew 17:20; 21:21-22; Hebrews 11:6; James 1:5-8
9. Never say, “If it be Thy will” concerning, anything you ask that is definitely promised of God in His Word.
Mark 11:23; Psalms 84:11; II Corinthians 1:20; II Peter 1:3-4
10. Have a clean heart and life with God and man
Mark 11:25; John 15:7; I John 3:22-23